18 May K&A Begins Nationwide Search for General Manager and CEO of Regional Transportation District (RTD) in Denver
May 18, 2020 – The Regional Transportation District (RTD)’s Board of Directors, along with executive search firm Krauthamer & Associates, will begin a nationwide search for a general manager and CEO for the agency.
Process will include robust engagement opportunities
The RTD Board’s Executive Search Committee will lead a comprehensive process to find the best person to lead the agency in a time of great opportunities and challenges punctuated by the current pandemic.
As part of the vetting process, the public, stakeholders, elected officials and employees will have opportunities to learn about the finalists and their vision for the agency. With social distancing in mind, most engagement activities will likely be available virtually. A schedule of opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks. RTD is currently led by Interim General Manager and CEO Paul Ballard. Mr. Ballard assumed the role in February after former General Manager and CEO Dave Genova retired in January.
“We look forward to embarking upon this process to find a leader. Mr. Ballard continues to do an excellent job at the helm of this agency as we move through these extraordinary times,” said Board Chair Angie Rivera-Malpiede. “We are committed to finding a general manager and CEO to bring us into the next generation of this agency.”
The Board is looking for the following qualifications in applicants:
- A passionate, dynamic and forward-thinking leader
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and exceptional negotiating skills
- Ability to manage and lead an organization in a highly political, complex and transparent environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and build bridges internally and externally to create opportunities to advance RTD’s strategic objectives
- Progressive approach to identify technological initiatives and other forward-thinking business practices that maximize efficiencies and offer service options to customers
- Proven record of working closely with the community and advocating for their needs as they relate to mobility and regional development
Interested applicants can visit the General Manager and CEO recruitment page of the RTD website to learn more about the process and desired qualifications. All applications will be accepted and processed by Krauthamer & Associates and can be submitted through this email: email@example.com.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé and references by close of business on July 10, 2020, with an announcement of a new general manager and CEO this fall.
RTD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug-free workplace.
The Regional Transportation District develops, operates and maintains a public transportation system that meets the transit needs of close to 3 million people within an eight-county service area in the Denver Metro region. RTD’s buses, rail lines, shuttles and additional services provide approximately 100 million annual passenger trips. For more information, visit rtd-denver.com, call 303-299-6000 and follow along on social media: www.facebook.com/RideRTD, @RideRTD on Twitter, @ridertd on Instagram and rideRTDco on YouTube. For the most current RTD news, visit the News Stop, at rtd-denver.com/news-stop.